Wednesday 30 December 2015

About this blog


We love Memoirs FB group reviewer

Nominated for Best Blogger Newcomer of the year. (I won't win - too much tough competition, but good to be nominated)


Professional Reader I'm an average reader - hence the title of the blog. Actually, I'm an avid reader and a complete bookaholic. My name is Caryl and I'm a retired nurse.  I try to review the books I read and flit about between genre. I also post all reviews on Amazon US & UK and Goodreads. I'm now a supporter of Indie authors, so a fair few reviews will be for Indie books I've enjoyed - although I didn't realise some of them were Indie authors at first, the writing is so good. I read a mix of Indie and published more established authors. I'm very new to book blogging and really only started this one because books are a passion to put it mildly :) So I'm learning as I go along!
I only review books that I like, so most of my reviews will be 4* or 5*. 
I never accept payment for a review. I'm totally independent and just do my own thing.

I have a Twitter account @MrsBloggsReader where I talk mainly about books (amongst other things) and post reviews. 
I'm passionate about family, wildlife, bees, the environment, the NHS and a lot of other subjects.
Favourite genres:  Crime Fiction, Memoirs, History, Wildlife, Military History, Classic novels, any well written contemporary novel - I read a lot of crime fiction - it's fair to say that I'm a crime fiction fanatic. My aim is to keep it simple on this blog with not too much waffle. 
 As I said I'm new to book blogging, so will probably make a fine mess of it now and then :) I appreciate any help, advice or constructive criticism (I think!)

Thank you for reading this blog. 

3 comments:

  1. You sound like me, Caryl. I just adore crime fiction and love memoirs too! I shall be back here as I like reading book reviews too. Now off to vote for your great blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I got mixed up, Caryl. I don't see your name listed in the awards. Is that right?

      Delete
  2. Hi Val, yes I'm there under the best newcomer category s Caryl Mrs Bloggs

    ReplyDelete