Sunday 15 May 2016

Review - Play Dead: Angela Marsons




This review has already been posted on Goodreads and will be posted on Amazon US & UK

This is the first Angela Marsons book I've read and I was able to enjoy it even though this is book 4 in the series, so it can be read as a stand alone. Obviously there is much more to find out about the enigmatic, tough detective DI Kim Stone.  I suspect that little snippets of the story of her past have been rather cleverly revealed throughout previous books in the series, which I now must read and that there is even more to come.

The story begins with the discovery of a body on the body farm used by forensic scientists to learn and discover about the changes to the human body after death using up to date scientific methods. There are bodies throughout the grounds of this establishment, some partly buried, others left to the elements and insects but the one found of a young girl is newly buried, not one of theirs and the woman has obviously been murdered.
DI Stone and her team are called into investigate. So begins this chiller of a book that is a scary, intense psychological thriller with quite a few twists and turns.

I found myself holding my breath quite a lot during a lot of the scenes and turning the pages quite quickly to find out what was going to happen next. A good well crafted and intelligently written read that kept my interest right until the very end.

(Thanks to Netgalley and the publisher for ARC)


No comments:

Post a Comment